Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ninja 250

I've recently become the caretaker of a Kawasaki Ninja 250 that belongs to a friend undergoing a motorcycle riding hiatus due to an injury.  I took it for a short ride to get the fluids moving around and get the battery charged up a bit.

On my short ride I was pleasantly surprised by how competent the bike was.  I've heard many a story about how underpowered the bike is and while it doesn't compare to my 150hp 1125CR, I thought the power it does have is enough to fill the needs of day to day riding.  On this diminutive bike, I'm still able to leave cars behind at stop lights and able to pass them (mostly) at will while travelling at street or freeway speeds.  If anyone blames the bike for why they are a slow rider then they are just using the bike as an excuse as this little 250cc bike is an excellent twisty road weapon.


No comments:

Post a Comment