Friday, December 7, 2012

My Buell 1125CR

When people normally think of Buell's they of underpowered bikes with Harley Sportser derived and archaic aircooled motors, like the one in my Buell XB9s.  Not a lot of people know about the 1125 series of Buell's powered by an 11125cc liquid cooled V-twin with puts out 146hp at the crank.  With the bike weighing in at only 375lbs dry, it has one of the best power to weight ratios of any naked bikes ever released.  Add some agressive geometry, like the 21 degrees of rake and the 54.5 inch wheelbase, and you get a bike with some serious power in a 250cc GP racer package.

My 1125CR has been my most ridden bike in the last couple of years.  She's had commuting duties, piled on some touring miles, left other riders behind in the twisties, ran to the ragged edge at the track and of course posed for me in pictures.

Here she is atop Twin Peaks with custom top case installed.  I know the case is ugly but it's very useful and completely removable.

Buell 1125CR with top case at Twin Peaks


This is her just on Highway 1 near Tomales Bay.  This was taken with my old Nokia N82.

Buell 1125CR at Tomales Bay



This is a pic I took on a rainy day commute.  Also taken with my Nokia camera phone.  I added the fog effect later on in Photoshop.

Buell 1125CR on a Rainy Day in San Francisco
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment