Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The XB9s undergoing another metamorphosis

The XB9s is coming up on being 10 years old and with the amount of goat road riding and general hooliganism that the bike is put through, I'm surprised that the steering bearings have lasted this long. Since the front end needed to be removed to facilitate the replacement of said bearings, I decided now would be a great time for the bike to transition to its new phase, that of street tracker.

I replaced the bearings last week and I'm now mocking up the new front end. The clubman bars are gone and replaced by Renthal dirtbike fat bars. I currently have a cheap dirtbike headlight mocked up now but I'll be making a custom flat track number plate style flyscreen with built in projector headlights. I will retain the stock gauges but will be moving them to the top of the triple tree. I'm going to also be adding number plates to the rear quarters of the bike as a finishing touch. I'll be posting more pictures as the project progresses.

This is the temporary dirtbike headlights on the bike.
These are the Renthal dirtbike fat bars installed with my custom bar clamps.   All the control wires and cables seem to reach without issue. 

1 comment: